Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Beyond Swag

Disclaimer: This is not a real poem. Just a writing exercise based on a random word given to me by a random follower which happened to be 'swag'. Enjoy.


I never had swag,

Just the gait and the traits of a great,

My fate’s been replaced

Or maybe it’s just mutated,

Because young and black in America

Life’s supposed to be terrible,

But I’m just terribly terrorizing the status quo,

No swagger though

I got the women you turned up your whole swagger fo’,

I only deal with ladies

Chris Paul, I’m quick to pass on hoes,

Looking good as hell

And as a plus, I do it with no swagger so

The look dumb and stupid when they try to swagger jack him Oh,

M-G, It’s D. Glasper,

Mr. Fantastic,

Mr. ‘if you don’t like me you can kiss my damn ass’,

Man I know this poem’s less a poem, more a damn rap,

But damn that,

I write what I feel, I’ll type it and seal it up

And mail it in an envelope full of anthrax,

So close your mouth before it gets jampacked with tampax,

Damn that’s nasty, they ask how I do it

Then they try to jack my swag , they foolish.

#NoMoreSwag

1 comment: