Friday, July 13, 2012

City Lights


If I were to have a wish
It would be you and me for eternity,
But the city lights have dimmed the stars
so I have nothing to wish upon,
And it feels like I have to hike a thousand miles
Just to find some clarity in the night sky,
It's like I've fallen into a state of perpetual longing for you, 
Waiting for the days when FaceTime
Becomes face to face time
Again, waiting for the end of "just friends",
As we pretend to be all out of love,
And could it be we've reached this place
Because we never went all out in love, 
That we're trying now to fall out of love,
Even in my dreams I call out your name, 
My friends call me crazy,
But I'd prefer to go insane
Than to go without my lady,
Maybe we should start over,
Because we've tried to talk it over,
But situations were often overblown,
And then it all was over,
Where do we go to find the love we had before,
Or where was it lost,
Or was it hidden, 
Or was it written in the stars
That got lost in the city lights
That we were meant to be apart?

No comments:

Post a Comment